9/07/2010

In my desperate attempt to get myself under 140lbs last night I ate nothing before work. But I did take my Cymbalta... which I am not supposed to take on an empty stomach. So there I am at work trudging merrily away when all of a sudden I feel dizzy and exhausted. I figured it was from not eating so I drank some coffee and kept going... but I only felt worse and worse. I don't know why I didn't assume right away it was the Cymbalta.... I have done this before. But I cracked and I ate half a ham sandwich.... ugh. With cheese on it. Needless to say I did not feel any better and I did not loose the weight. I still feel like shit right now. I managed to get the night off work in exchange for taking a Friday shift so I can "recover" because everyone at work thinks I must be coming down with something. I am hoping to do better with food today and just consume liquids... and some strawberries to help the Cymbalta down. I need to go buy some soy milk.... it should make for a good meal replacement when I need to take my meds on an empty stomach. I fucking hate how many pills I have to eat in a day, though one benefit is that between pills and gulps of water it usually fills me up enough to kill any hunger that might be looming.

I would love to write some more about how frustrated and at the same time satisfied I am with Cymbalta right now but I am entirely too exhausted to focus. I can't even sleep right now because I am shaking too much from it. I hate the shakes it gives me. I'm probably just going to wind up drinking tea and watching some episodes of Mad Men.

View all problems as challenges.

You will come to realize that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment you ever made.

No comments: